Views
Helpful
Replies

Graceful H323 isdn shutdown

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a way to gracefully shutdown a PRI for a h323 GW.  I want to perserve active calls but prevent new calls from connecting.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

I think the best option would be to shut down the dial-peer preventing new connections from going to the CUCM, however this should not affect active connections. Once there are no calls on the Router, you can go ahead and bounce the Controller.

I agree with Robert, I usually just use "sh voice call summary" to see if there are no active calls and shut it down then.

Chris

Hi.

I know that is too late to answer this query but an helpful command to achieve what asked is

isdn service b_channel 1-30 stae 2 soft under serial interface.

Hope this can be useful

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

We have Two PRI Lines on VG-1 and VG-2, By Default Provider send the call to VG-1 PRI if same is full/busy it will route call to VG-2

We have a requirement to shift the calls from VG-1 to VG-2 gracefully. If we try to use isdn service b_Channel command

it will set the b_channel  service state to Busy.  But Upon testing found that the provider will play busy signal to the calls coming on this line instead of routing it to VG-2.  Is there a way to Change the channel state to busy gracefully instead of service state

PRI-CHANNLE.PNG