Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Call Pickup with DN from phone?

mischm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to use Group Call Pickup function with the DN from a phone and not with the DN of the pickup group?

For example:

- DN 1000 -> pickup group 1 (DN 2000)

- DN 1001 -> no pickup group

- DN 1002 -> pickup group 2 (DN 2001)

Call for DN 1000 comes in. At DN 1002 I press GPickup and then 1000 and pickup the handset.

-> Is this possible to pickup the phone call comes in to DN 1000 instead of calling the DN of the "pickup group 1"?

Call for DN 1001 comes in. At DN 1000 I press GPickup and then 1001 and pickup the handset.

-> Is this possible to pickup the phone call comes in to DN 1001?

BR

Michael

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

You will need to use Directed Call Pickup

For CUCM;

Directed Call Pickup

#

The Directed Call Pickup feature allows a user to pick up a ringing call on a DN directly by pressing the GPickUp softkey and entering the directory number of the device that is ringing. Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses the associated group mechanism to control the privilege of a user who wants to pick up an incoming call by using Directed Call Pickup. The associated group of a user specifies one or more call pickup groups that have been associated to the pickup group to which the user belongs.

#

If a user wants to pick up a ringing call from a DN directly, the associated groups of the user must contain the pickup group to which the DN belongs. If two users belong to two different call pickup groups and the associated groups of the users do not contain the call pickup group of the other user, the users cannot invoke Directed Call Pickup to pick up calls from each other.

#

When the user invokes the Directed Call Pickup feature and enters a DN from which to pick up an incoming call, the user connects to the call that is incoming to the specified phone whether or not the call is the longest ringing call in the call pickup group to which the DN belongs.

#

If multiple calls are ringing on a particular DN and the user invokes Directed Call Pickup to pick up a call from the DN, the user connects to the incoming call that has been ringing the specified DN the longest.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wp1090765

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

many thanks. I will have a look about the "Directed Call Pickup".

This is what I`m searching for:

"The Directed Call Pickup feature allows a user to pick up a ringing call  on a DN directly by pressing the GPickUp softkey and entering the  directory number of the device that is ringing"

BR

Michael