Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW 2921 PRI configuration ISSUE

Hi there,

I'm trying to configure a 2921 Gatwway on a new IPtel installaton. CUCM version is 8.0.3 and IOS 15.1.4.

Once we introduce on Controller E1 pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp we get following error messages

Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller E1 1/0

The remaining dsp resources are enough for 0 time slots.

% For current codec complexity, 2 extra 16 channel dsp(s) are required to create this voice porte.

As far as I understand and checking hardware we have enough dsp channels on slot0, plus 4xFXS port on slot 0, and PRI is on slot1.

Here is the show inventory output

NAME: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis", DESCR: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis"                     

PID: CISCO2921/K9      , VID: V03 , SN: FTX1532AMHB

NAME: "3rd generation four port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 Su

bSlot 0", DESCR: "3rd generation four port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard"

PID: VIC3-4FXS/DID     , VID: V03 , SN: FOC15275T2W

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 32 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DI

MM with 32 Channels"

PID: PVDM3-32          , VID: V01 , SN: FOC152979Q2

NAME: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot on Slot 1", DESCR: "Network Module Adap

ter for SM Slot"

PID: SM-NM-ADPTR       , VID: V01, SN: FOC153014MH

NAME: "High Density Voice2 Network module with on board one port interface  on Sl

ot 1", DESCR: "High Density Voice2 Network module with on board one port interfac

e "

PID: NM-HDV2-1T1/E1    , VID: V05 , SN: FOC15244Q4J

NAME: "C2921/C2951 AC Power Supply", DESCR: "C2921/C2951 AC Power Supply"       

PID: PWR-2921-51-AC    , VID: V02 , SN: QCS1529H15F.

I guess there are DSP on solt 0 but not on Slot1 (where PRI adataper is installed).

Can we solve problem through configuration?

Any suggestion?

Cheers.

ira

5 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

Accoring to this doc you can use the motherboard PVDM3s for the NM-HDV card : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps3115/qa_c67_553073_ps10537_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Q. Are the PVDM3 modules supported in a NM-HDV2?

A. No. You cannot install PVDM3 modules directly on the PVDM slots of an NM-HDV2, only the PVDM2s are supported by the NM-HDV2. However, an NM-HDV2 that has no PVDMs installed at all can share PVDM3 DSP resources from the router motherboard PVDM slots across the chassis backplane.

But you have to enable the pooling of PVDMs in some way. Take a look at this thread and rate if useful:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2122599

Finally, bear in mind that you have a PVDM3-32. Your 4-port FXS card will be assigned 4 channels permanently at router startup, leaving 28 channels. So you still won't have enough to run all 30 channels of your E1 card.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thank you very much for your reply. It was very useful, and you were right, only timeslots 1 to 28 can be configured.

Is there anyway to bypass this limitation?

We have 2 voice-cards 0 and 1. How many dsp channels are included in each voice-card? 16?

Thx and cheers.

ira

Super Bronze

Re: GW 2921 PRI configuration ISSUE

Hi

You have a single PVDM3-32 in your router, and a 2921 has 3 PVDM slots. So you can just add further PVDM3 modules...

The '32' in the name is the number of supported channels. So for a 30-channel E1 you need 30 out of your 32 channels. Be aware that if you are using more complex codecs or want to do hardware conferencing or transcoding on this router, that will also use up channels.

There is a DSP calculator you can use here to work out what you need: http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks aaron for all your help.

We have to decided to remove all 4 FXS ports in order to have all 30 channels available for E1 controller.

Now we have to face to 2 main problems

1st as far as I understand we have configured GW in CUCM but PRi endpoint is not registered and i don't guess how to solve it.

2nd at PRI interface or module on gw CD led is ON but AL led is orange (no blinking.) Something is not working/configured as expected.

I have checked serial 1/0:15 status and it is line down protocol down.

All other serial 1/0:x (x=0 to 27, since only 1-28 have been assigned for the moment) are all administratively down.

Since I presume this information is not very clear, I will post files including gw config as it is now as well as information from CUCM regarding gw list.

Last thing..I want to remove pri-group timeslots 1-28 command but get message indicating...

voice interface must be shutdown before removing pir-group..wich is the voice interface?

thx again for all your help

Ira.

Hi aaron...

forget about last thing...I found it..

Files are attached in original post (sorry my fault)

Thx again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content