Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h.323 call disconnect

We have two callmanager 4.1 clusters.

a h.323 call transfer is getting disconnected.

PSTN-->Gateway1(5350XM)-->Gatekeeper-->Call Manager Cluster 1-->Gatekeeper-->Call Manager Cluster 2-->Gateway2(5350XM)-->PSTN

Call transfer on CCM cluster 1 to pstn via CCM cluster 2 results on call drop after two rings with the following cause code:

Cause i = 0x80AF - Resource unavailable, unspecified

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Anytime you see a disconnect cause of 0x80AF 99% of the time its a media setup failure, most likely a codec mismatch.

Ensure that you have the following commands on your config ..

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

codec preference 3 g711alaw

Then apply the voice class to your voip dial-peer..

eg

dial-peer voice 99999 voip

voice-class codec 1

Please rate all useful posts

hi thxx for ur reply..

The issue really here is that the call disconnects after two rings..

If someone picks before two rings then the call will go fine..but just after two rings it disconnects..

Do you have those commands on config.

yaa i do have these commands on gateways.

Can you post your gateway and gatekeeper config here

BSILA OMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

have you got this issue resolved? I have exactly the same issue :

I have a call failure with cause 47 "Resource unavailable, unspecified" after 2 rings, if I pickup before the tow rings everything is OK otherwise the call gets disconnected

call is like this :

IVR --h323--> CCM 4.1 --> GK --> GW

Do you have hardware transcoder defined in the system? please try define media resources group that will select hardware transcoder in higer priority than software.

michael.

Hi,

I don't need hardware transcoder and if so why does the call goes fine when I answer before the second ring?

Omar.

Hi,

I got this working!

If you have an IPCC setup then check the CVP. CVP has a timer(ring-no-answer) set that will end the call after that. You have two ways to solve this :-

1)Increase the timer on CVP.

2)In the script set the requery and if the call fails send it to the same label again.

I would go for the second option.

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I dont have IPCC.

I think if the timer "ring-no-answer" was the problem then we wouldn't have the release cause 47 "Resources Unavailable" and instead of that we would have seen a release cause 19 "No Answer from User (User Alerted)".

I did a packet capture and I found that between the GW and the CCM H245 negotiation began before the h225 connect message arrives and between CCM and IVR the H245 negotiation waits for the h225 connect message, both sides are Fast-start OFF h245 Tunneling OFF, I am suspecting this but I dont know where to modify to get it homogeneous.

thx

Omar