Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

H.323 Call Flow in Voice Gateways

Hi,

I'm planning to connect two VoIP Clusters using H323 and I have a VG in each site, I will forward the calls from the CM towards the VG and I will use VoIP dial peer to forward the call to the other site.

I just need to know the RTP stream between the End Points will be forwarded directly between IP Phones without crossing the Voice Gateway or it will cross the voice gateway?

I need to make sure that the traffic is forwarded through the Voice Gateway or by another mean the source IP Address will be the VG IP Address to avoid publishing the Internal IP Phones VLAN.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: H.323 Call Flow in Voice Gateways

If you need to hide the IPs for security then use a CUBE and use the flow-thru mode.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

Assuming the connection between the CM and VGs are IP and not TDM then the VGs would be acting as a CUBE already

(voip in, voip out) so keep this in mind when doing the config.  As Java mentioned using flow-through mode on the VG/CUBEs will mean the phones will sending RTP to the VGs IP address on each side.

-Ryan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If you need to hide the IPs for security then use a CUBE and use the flow-thru mode.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

Assuming the connection between the CM and VGs are IP and not TDM then the VGs would be acting as a CUBE already

(voip in, voip out) so keep this in mind when doing the config.  As Java mentioned using flow-through mode on the VG/CUBEs will mean the phones will sending RTP to the VGs IP address on each side.

-Ryan

thank you both, this was really helpful thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies