Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

H.323 gateway - call handoff problem...

I'm having a problem with an H.323 Gateway and CallManager 4.1, where the calls (RTP stream) seem to flow through the CallManager when calling from an IP Phone through the H.323 Gateway. My understanding this that the CallManager should hand the calls off to the Gateway directly, and the RTP flow should be directly between the IP Phone and the Gateway itself. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks! Dennis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: H.323 gateway - call handoff problem...

Hi,

If you have MTP checked, the the RTP will flow through the Callmanager. Previously, MTP was required to make transfers work, however this is not the case anymore. You should make sure that for a H323 gateway, you have MTP disabled.

Tony

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi,

If you have MTP checked, the the RTP will flow through the Callmanager. Previously, MTP was required to make transfers work, however this is not the case anymore. You should make sure that for a H323 gateway, you have MTP disabled.

Tony

Thanks very much Tony, I'll give that a try and report back on the findings.

Just to provide a bit more info on the situation... the H.323 Gateway is across a WAN link and the calls looping off the CallManager are causing excessive delay, jitter, and packet loss, to the point where voice quality is being affected (crackling, dropouts, etc.).

Dennis

That worked exactly as described; problem is solved. Thank you very much Tony.

All the best,

Dennis

Views
Helpful
Replies