Views
Helpful
Replies

H 323 trunk between cucm 7.1 and avata cm 3

michalis1234
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have configured an h323 trunk between my cucm 7.1 and avaya cm 3 which is located in a different country.

It is working fine from our ip phones the avaya phones, through a route patten 50xxxxx.

I can connect to avaya and make local calls from avaya cm using another route pattern 519xxxxxxxx but the other way around it is not working.

I have created a separate route pattern 52.9xxxxxxxx (with gateway a pstn gateway connected to cucm) for the avaya users in ordrer to be able to route local calls to the country where cucm is located through the trunk.

I have tested the route pattern from cucm and it works fine. Is it the same for avaya users ?

The avaya users dial an code 100 to get access to the trunk then 529xxxxxxxx and the should be able to go out from my local pstn gateway, correct ?

Is it possible to trace the actual digits that are comming in on trunk?

I have enabled traces but I didn't noticed anything related.

Can you please advise

Tank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It will be in the Cisco CallManager SDI traces which are the ones that start with ccm*.txt.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes a detailed call manager trace will show you the in the SETUP the digits being passed to call manager.  The inbound CSS of the H323 gateway should contain the partition of the route pattern in call manager for PSTN access if you just wanted to check that first.

Yes the incoming CSS on the gateway has access to the pstn gateway partition.

Can you please give me instruction in order to get the correct traces from the cucm.

Or do you have any other advice that will help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks a lot...

Here's how to collect the logs: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml.  That would be the easiest way to see what's going on.

I have enabled the traces on my cucm cluster.

When I call from my phone I can find the traces of the call.

But when a call is coming from the avaya trunk and heading to the PSTN I can not see any traces, can you help me.

In which trace should I search to find that?

Thank you in advance....

It will be in the Cisco CallManager SDI traces which are the ones that start with ccm*.txt.