Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

H.323 Trunk-to-Trunk routing with CUCM 9-10 - Best way to program?

Looking for some expert guidance on the best way to implement trunk-to-trunk call routing in CUCM.  By "best" I mean user friendly/manageable/efficient etc...

Here's the application:  Inbound TDM calls will be hitting a large, H.323 gateway with 10-digit DNIS.  I need CUCM to recognize the dialed number, then immediately route the call back out one of several smaller, H.323 gateways (depending on the dialed number) while passing the original dialed number to the system at the receiving end of the call.

The inventory of dialed numbers is large, and routing changes to individual numbers will be made by non-technical staff; so I would prefer to maintain the routing rules in CUCM rather than in the gateways.

One other layer of complexity:  I need the ability to route the calls to destinations that may include only a single gateway, or span multiple gateways.

Any suggestions for a best way to implement this in CUCM would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

H.323 Trunk-to-Trunk routing with CUCM 9-10 - Best way to progra

You want CUCM to manage an H323 GWs inbound calls to where? CUCM phones? Or out other H323 GWs for TEHO calls?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

To other H323 GWs (which effectively convert the call back to TDM T1).  The destination GW could also be an MGCP gateway, but I didn't want to complicate the question.

Cisco Employee

Simply make sure whatever dialed digits you get from GW A, via the inbound CSS, match a RP in CUCM which might point to an individual GW or a RL.

If necessary, adjust the dialed digits by adding/removing digits.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies