Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 call setup on CUCM 6.1.2

ayoussef.kamal
Level 1
Level 1

Gents,

I have CUCM 6.1.2 with H323 GWs. After I upgraded the Firmware on ip phones, sometimes the land lines calls terminated to internal extensions.

note: IP phones became very fast in initiating the call setup after the upgrading.

i think it is a matter of H323 timers, as i think i have to increase the H323 timers to wait for call setup with the GW.

Am i correct? if yes, what is the timer?

BR,

ahmed kamal

5 Replies 5

ayoussef.kamal
Level 1
Level 1

Example of call setup:

27974477 instead of going to land line it collects "4477" and calls the internal "4477" extension.

That has nothing to do with H323 or any other protocol since the call at least from what you're explaining is not even reaching the GW, check your dial plan to see what you're really hitting when you dial that.

Most likely you're hitting a TP that strips the digits.

If it's hitting the GW, still, you're hitting something that you have configured that's redirecting the call back to CUCM.

Nothing to do with timers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i am hitting the GW, i could see that from the debug isdn q931.

call sometimes goes well in non peak hours and some times goes to internal extensions

The problem was in the IOS on my GW. I did the IOS upgrade and it fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: