cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 FXO Trunk member unplugged

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 28xx router with FXO ports setup as a h323 gateway with CM6.1. On the gateway i setup a trunk group with the 4fxo ports, and configured a dial peer to use this trunk group. This works under normal situations, and if the first port is in use the second port will be used, etc, etc.

The issue i found is that if i unplug the analog line from the 1st fxo port, i get a busy signal when i dial a pattern which uses this h323 gateway. If i leave the analog line unplugged, and do a "shut" on the voice port, then the call goes out succesfully of the next fxo port.

So the issue is that if the h323 gateway goes to use an FXO port and doesnt get dial tone it automatically returns a busy signal rather then roll over to the next port.

Is there a way to fix this??? It has happened on multiple gateways, and different IOS versions.

2 Replies 2

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone run into this? Can anyone else reproduce this on their equipment?

Hi Michael,

Sounds like CSCsb13753.

CSCsb13753 - hunting within a trunkgroup does not occur after an abnormal disconnect

Symptoms:

=========

In a trunkgroup composed of multiple member voice-ports capable of terminating a call, if an outbound call attempt on any port fails with an abnormal disconnect cause code such as 34 (no-circuit), the trunkgroup will not make another call attempt on another free member of the trunkgroup. The call attempt will simply fail outright.

Conditions:

===========

This behaviour will be observed on any Cisco IOS voice router platform running an IOS in the 12.3T, 12.4, or 12.4T release families. Voice-ports which are capable of terminating outbound calls are configured to participate in a trunkgroup for huntgroup purposes.

Workaround:

===========

Do not use trunkgroup configuration to realize a huntgroup for outbound calls. Define a POTS dial-peer for each voice-port to obtain a rotary huntgroup.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsb13753

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: