cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Gateway Intermittent MOH Silence

dmosher35
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a 3925 router - c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M4.bin - as an H323 gateway with 2 PRI's. We have a PUB and a SUB running -

System version: 8.5.1.11900-21 When we place people on hold we get MOH very intermittently. Out of 10 calls 8 might get MOH and 2 get silence. I have checked codecs (all calls G711), I have restarted IPMediaStreaming. The weird thing is that some calls work and some do not. We cannot isolate any factors to be the same or possible causes. I uploaded the voice portion of the router to see if it helps. Thanks for any help.

Thanks,

Donnie

6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Are you using. Multicast MOH or unicast MOH. Also Are you using MOH stream from Router's flash or you are using MOH stream coming on CUCM.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

rcordeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Did you solve it?

Regards,

Yes. I looked through the bug toolkit and found SEVERAL of the IOS revisions had issues with H323. I changed the gateway to MGCP and the issue has gone away.

Thanks,

MGCP is not an option for me, but I think I managed to find a workaround, testing it right now:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtl21854

Regards

HEllo,

I had the same issue. Check the BUG ID. My IOS version is 15.0(1)M4 on a Cisco 2911. The affected IOS version described on the Bug ID.

I've made the Option2 Workaround and the issue got solved.

Thanks for the info.

Rui

same issue choose option 2.

THX

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

HTH, please rate all useful posts and right answers.