Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

H323 Gateway Problems with CER 911 and IDivert

I have a situation with a CallManager 7.1.3B system using an H323 gateway. The gateway is a 3845 with MFT PRI ports.

1. If I have the settings on the H323 gateway for “Outbound Calls” under “Call Routing Information” set for:

Calling Party Selection : First Redirect Number (External)

a. The IDivert softkey will forward shared appearances on a phone to the proper voicemail box.

b. 911 calls with the Cisco Emergency Responder will not pass the proper “Calling Party Transform Mask” associated ELIN dial pattern to the H323 gateway's ISDN PRI. 

2. If I have the settings on the H323 gateway for “Outbound Calls” under “Call Routing Information” set for:

Calling Party Selection : Originator

a. The IDivert softkey will forward shared appearances on a phone to the wrong voicemail box (the voicemail box for the main line for the phone).

b. 911 calls with the Cisco Emergency Responder pass the proper “Calling Party Transform Mask” associated ELIN dial pattern to the H323 gateway's ISDN PRI. 

I have figured a workaround for the problem though. I added a Loopback with a different address to the voice gateway and I configured another H323 gateway on the CallManager pointing to that Loopback interface. I only use this gateway for outbound calls from the Emergency Responder and it is set with “Calling Party Selection” set as Originator.

All inbound and outbound calls other than 911 calls still use the original H323 gateway I had set up on the CallManager with the “Calling Party Selection:” set as “First Redirect Number (External)”.

I don’t know if this would be considered an acceptable practice by Cisco or not. I would actually like some comments from Cisco as to whether it’s an acceptable solution or if there is another way to fix the problem.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies