Views
Helpful
Replies

H323-TDM call release cause on ISDN failure

techdepart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am solving a subsequent problem. I have a H323GW connected to the CUCM 6.1.5. H323 GW has one E1 voice interface.

CUCM has three GWs in the route group.

If the E1 interface is down, GW returns release message with the release cause 1 (unallocated number) back to the cluster and cluster does NOT perform the reselect to the next gateway in the list. Do you have any idea how to force GW to send a different release cause in that particular case?

I have tried application map in order to re-map the release cause to the different one, but it seems that the mapping works the general way, so if the E1 interface is up and called number really does not exist, we have a problem. I have also tried to set the service parameter Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag to TRUE in the CUCMs config, but if I will do that the problem is similar in case the called number really does not exist.

Could you help me with this issue?

My best regards,

Michal Levak

2 Replies 2

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

You need to configure the following global command on the h323 gw

"no dial-peer outbound status-check pots"

When your PRI is down, hte dial-peer status become down. So, if there is call, router doesn't take that dial-peer into account for routing. But with the above command, dial-peer will be checked even if it is down, in this case, but there will not be any circuit. so when H323 GW returns the disconnect cause code  to cucm, it will "no circuit available" and callmanager will be happy to reroute via next gw in the route group.

Thanks

- abu

Hello,

thank you for the answer. It helped and now it works fine.

Best Regards,

Michal Levak