cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 with call manager

Ahmed eleshmawi
Level 1
Level 1

I have CM with H323 GW i need to use some voice-port for Managers and remaining for other users

and what i need to configure SIP trunk with ITSP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use 2 sets of RPs in CUCM, one for managers, and the other for the rest of the users, then send a different prefix with each one. Configure the DPs to match the prefix and so choose the right port to use. This has been discussed many times before at CSC, you can search for further information.

We recommend a CUBE for SIP trunks, you can also search CSC for this topic and find plenty of information.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use 2 sets of RPs in CUCM, one for managers, and the other for the rest of the users, then send a different prefix with each one. Configure the DPs to match the prefix and so choose the right port to use. This has been discussed many times before at CSC, you can search for further information.

We recommend a CUBE for SIP trunks, you can also search CSC for this topic and find plenty of information.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks

i already understand now how to do it with h323 by using different RP with different prefix then match it with dial peer in VG

for the sip lines come from service provider  connected to my VG router what i need

in CUCM i need to configure sip trunk with ip add of VG or ip add of sip server from service providers

in VG i will use translations rule for incoming and outgoing call with dial-peer voip

can you provide me solution for this case

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I am guessing you want certain calls from Managers go out a certain PRI? You will have to use different prefixes in CUCM and create dial-peers on the gateway to send calls out the specific PRI based on the prefix. You will have to create separate CSS/partitions to add different prefixes.

Please rate useful posts.