cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA License for IP IVR 4.5

vhan
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 MCS 7825 running IP IVR 4.5 separately. I want to change achitecture to HA mode. When I login Cisco ordering tool to order HA license (IPIVR-4X4Y-HA-UPG), the system shows the configuration error and need to order another MCS server. How can I solve the problem?

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

IP IVR 4.5 can not have the HA feature available. The option for a 'redundant' config is to install a cold stand-by server.

The codes that you are using are for IP/IVR 4, not for IPIVR 4.5.

If you are planning to upgrade to HA configuration, you would upgrade, first, to version IPIVR 5, and after that add a new server and order the HA option for that version 5.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I have 2 IVR servers and plan to change to cold-standby mode. Should I buy a new server when buy this option license?

Vincent

Vincent,

If you plan to use one of the two current servers as cold-standby, you don't need to buy another server.

If you plan to maintain the two servers, you would have to buy another server and the 'cold stand-by' license.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Got it and thanks for timely reply.

Don?t forget to rate helpful posts ;-)

Juan Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: