cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hand Off from Mobile to IP Phone doesn't work

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

We have enabled and configured Mobile Connect on a CUCM 6.1(2) Cluster. The simultanous ring on a GSM phone and the IP Phone works fine. The Hand Off from the IP Phone to the GSM phone works fine as well. But the Hand Off from the GSM phone to the IP Phone doesn't work. When the GSM phone disconnects, the call to the caller gets disconnected immediately instead of sending MoH to the caller.

The calls gets disconnected on MGCP and H.323 gateways.

The Hand Off works fine on our own CUCM 6.1(2) (only 1 CUCM, no cluster) with the same configuration.

Does anyone had the same problem and was able to fix it?

Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Stefan Christen

8 Replies 8

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

The hand off finally worked after configuring "voice call disc-pi-off" on the H.323 voice gateway.

I am having a similar problem, did you experience any unwanted side effects after you entered this command. Thanks

Hi Rob

With the "disc-pi-off" you get the announciator message played instead of any possible available inband info. e.g. in Switzerland we receive message from the PSTN provider saying that a number is no longer available or has changed. With the "disc-pi-off" you will get the announcement for the unallocated numbers from the announciator.

Regards Stefan

Hi Stefan,

What sort of handsets you are using? Do you look at service parameters ?

Cheers

Ikram

Hi

The problem was resolved after issueing the "disc-pi-off" command.

No need to research the service parameters or the handsets

Regards

Stefan

Good to hear that, what version of CUCM you were using for testing? Might be helpful for forum to know.

Cheers

Ikram

Hi Ikram

6.1(2) as mentioned in the original post. Maybe you should read the whole conversation ;-)

Regards

Stefan

Hi all,

I ran into a similar handoff issue from GSM phone to desktop IP phone as well using UCCM 6.1.2. However, I was able to resolve my issue by simply setting the "Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup" to a larger value to increase the hold time for the handoff. I used a value of 4000 milliseconds which gives the end-user 4 seconds to pickup the desktop IP phone.

I'm sure your problem might have been a little different than mine, but I thought it was worth mentioning for the next tech that came across the handoff issue.

Regards,

ck