cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Handling TEHO/Toll-Bypass to LATAs that have both 10 & 7 digit dialing

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to hear some opiions/ideas on how people deal with/dealt with toll-bypass configurations where the destination area has both 7 and 10 digit dialing.

I am running into issues with our Tail-End Hop-Off to Austin, Texas, which apparently has intra-LATA numbers that only require 7-digits and others that require 10.

Other than a continuously growing route pattern/plan, about the only thing I can think of is directing all 512-XXX-XXXX (Austin) calls to TEHO to outside the LATA, but use a TEHO location that is as close to Austin as possible.

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

THANKS!

Mike.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's not a big issue really. The information about which exchanges will require 7 or 10 digits is available. 7 digits calles are those withing same "rate center".

Calling on voip is all 10 digits. Terminating gateway will strip area code as necessary using voice translation-rule.

Hi Paolo,

I guess that is my dilemma, I can't find that list, and would imagine the list of which ones to strip might be quite large, and might be difficult to maintain.

Could you point me to where that list might be obtained from? Goggling wasn't too fruitfull and AT&T/SBC's website doesn't seem to have to readily available.

Thanks,

Mike.