cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hard reset killed cisco 7942

max novo
Level 1
Level 1

i now i am fool. I try to unlock settings and do 123456789*0#. After that the phone dont wont to start. I try use Tftpd32 and cmterm-7942_7962-sip.9-2-3 but phone only download "term42.default.loads" and so the circle.

Hellp please to live up my phone. Its very importantly fo me.

10 Replies 10

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Max,

Not to worry, we will try to help.

Please ensure that you have the DHCP/TFTP servers reachable to phone & also dont try to get directly on 9.x firmware versions, try some lower version first & upgrade to 9.x at later stage.

What is the CUCM version & what firmware you have in it for 7942 ?

In case, you could see some firmware version being loaded in your 7942, please post that version here so that we can look from that perspective too.

GP.

How can i sea CUCM version ?

Access your CUCM IP using a browser ( an IE or Mozilla firefox ), login using the credentials & the main page will show the CUCM version.

GP.

In browser i get - "Connection requests rejected by the server" but if iping phone ip all ok.

Mostly if you are using HTTPS, you must have cancelled the request on certificate page.

If you got the option " Continue to this website (not recommended)." click on it to proceed further.

Remember I meant accessing CUCM Server IP using browser not the phone.

GP.

ok sorry but i dont use CUCM

If not CUCM, what is it ? CME ? or any other PBX ( as the phone is a SIP Phone ) ?

GP.

dear Mr Gajanan 

could plz help my i do hard factory default 

on phone 7942 then the screen was blank but i see in debug it take only term42.default.loads and then loop 

i have cme 4.1 

and download firmware cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.8-5-2.zip

weavermj1982
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem last week doing a factory reset on a 7942 phone running SCCP42.9-1-1SR1S on a Call Manager Express 8.6 setup. Within CME the phone would just keep looking for term42.default and sit their loooping.

To overcome the issue I connected the phone to a CUCM 6.1 install and it successfully uplaoded the default boot loader and flashed to an 8.0 SCCP image - then I connected the phone back to CME and it upgraded back to 9.1

Hope this helps - maybe it is your tftp bindings within CUCM? Do you have access to another CUCM system that you can try to firmware it from?

jmwaldron
Level 1
Level 1

1.  download the zip file that contains the 8.5(2) SCCP files for the 7942 and place those on the root of the tftp server (i use a laptop with a tftp server running)

2.  set up a dhcp scope with the option 150 to point to the tftp server (i use a 3750 switch).

3.  boot the phone up and wait for it to upgrade to 8.5(2).

4.  when it tries to register after completing the upgrade and rebooting, unplug the phone and plug it back in to your network accessible to call manager and the phone will then upgrade to the 9.x version on call manager or repeat the process with the 9.x files if you don't use call manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: