Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware transcoding in CCM5.1.2

Hi,

We have got a 2800 router configured in CCM5.1.2 as an H.323 gateway. There are plenty DSP resources in it so we want to use it as a hardware transcoder. But as soon as we try to create a transcoder in CCM with the gateway's IP address the CCM says: "Error - duplicated line." We can create a Transcoder with any other IP address different from the gateway's. Is there any kind of restriction in CCM that an H.323 gateway can not be used as a Transcoder? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

dfokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Alexander!

You need to configure transcoder using the part of its MAC address as the name. The whole name will look like MTPaaaabbbbcccc.

You need to configure your dspfarm profile as sccp resource on the GW.

Good luck!

Actually the name can be anything you want it to be as long as the name matches on the CallManager and the GW, such as this:

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0

sccp ccm x.x.x.x identifier 1 version 5.1

sccp ccm y.y.y.y identifier 2 version 5.1

sccp ccm z.z.z.z identifier 3 version 5.1

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 2 priority 1

associate ccm 3 priority 2

associate ccm 1 priority 3

associate profile 1 register NAME_ME

!

dspfarm profile 1 transcode

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 16

associate application SCCP

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We have actually tried this, but could not make the transcoder to register with CCM. That is why we have decided to use the IP address as the name. By the way, in the gateway IOS we use there is no "version 5.1" option for "sccp ccm" command, only "version 5.0". Does it make any difference?

Thanks.

Well, it depends on the version of IOS you have, however what I have found on numerous installs is that using version 4.1 works great even with CM 5.1, if that does not do the job then try it without the version parameter.

Trust me, you can use any name you want there.

Chris

OK, we'll give it another try. Thanks a lot for your help.

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: