Views
Helpful
Replies

HDD upgrade for CUCM 5.1

vdominic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all

I'm facing an issue with CUCM 5.1 on MCS 7835 H2 server(with two 72 GB SCSI). The hard disk utilization is 91% for both the active and inactive partitions. Please advise me on how to free some diskspace or how to upgrade the HDD if required.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That HDD usage is fine, up to 94% there is no problem.

If you still want to free space delete old trace files and send CDR to another server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thx Jaime, for the quick reply.

Is it possible to upgrade HDD as in 4.x versions, with a re-install after server platform upgrade. I guess that wont work as the appliance is optimized for the specific hardware.

You're correct.

During the install the HDD size is used to determine the size of all the linux partitions so it's not the same using 72 GB than using 146 HDD.

I'm pre-assuming your server does support HDD upgrade so a backup, HDD upgrade, install, restore does work.

Think of it as upgrading the whole MCS platform, the new server might have bigger disks/faster CPU/ more RAM but you can still restore a CUCM backup.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: