cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset config

silex
Level 1
Level 1

I have to add Plantronics SupraPlus headsets to an Express 4.1 system using 7906 phones. looking at the admin guide it mentions just adding a line in config for auto answer. Is that all that's required to get the headsets to work?

6 Replies 6

As far as I know, you only have to put auto-answer if that's what you would like it to do on that particular phone. Other than that, the headset should just be plug-and-play, and can be put into use by pushing the headset button.

Hope that helped

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

The Headset "Auto Answer" config will only work with phones that have a built-in Headset Jack (7940,7960,7941,7961...etc)

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions you can configure lines on specific phones to automatically connect to incoming calls when the headset key is activated. The phone cannot be busy with an active call and the headset key must be engaged to automatically answer calls. Incoming calls are automatically answered one by one on the phone as long as the headset light remains lit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeanswr.html#wp1010363

Because the 7906G does not have built-in headset capabilities (no headset amplifier or headset button) the handset must be off hook to connect the audio stream. For the 7906 you will need to use the setup with the Plantronics M12- Amplifier Kit and chosen headset. For models like the 7906 the M12 has to plug into the Handset Jack and then the Handset Cord plugs into the M12. If you must use the M12 you may need to adjust the Phone/Compatability setting slide (located under door on Left-Hand side of the M12).

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I learned something new today!! 5 Points for you. But was I at least partially right? Does auto answer have to be configured for the headset to work on the above mentioned phones, or will they just work if you press the headset button?

Hi Kenneth,

You are most welcome my friend! And thanks to you as well for the nice addition you are to these forums. You are most correct, our users almost never want the Auto Answer setup. What if it's the IRS calling, you might want to screen that one or Idevert it to someone else :)

The lower end IP Phone models 7905,7906,7911,7912 just don't have the Headset button/Amp so they are a tad different.

Take care,

Rob

Once again many thanks for the input.

that gets me on my way again.

Hi David,

Glad to help buddy :) Headsets are always kind of tricky until you get the right combination ;-)

Take care,

Rob