Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help about device mobility

Let's say Callmanager 4.2 at Head office. HO has 4xxx and one branch has 5xxx extensions. Both have PSTN connection. And route plan is setup, so when WAN is down PSTN will be use.

User from HO with 4111 moves to the branch. Callmanager knows that extension 4111 has a branch IP. So head office can call 4111 no problem.

Then the WAN link between branch and HO is down. How can HO users call 4111? Will Callmanager use route pattern 4xxx(use PSTN) to connect 4111? If so, Then nobody can access 4111, right?

How about if AAR is also configured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Help about device mobility

I doubt it, as CallManager will most likely fail to match route pattern. You will most likely have to point to the main number and have the customer enter the extension.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

4 REPLIES

You are confusing Device Mobility feature with Forward on Unregistered features.

AAR does not work when WAN goes down, only if Location badwidth is exhausted.

Route Patterns with the same DN as phone DNs will not work either as when phone unregisters the CCM follows the "Forward on Unregistered" settings, so to accomplish what you want you need to set the "Forward on Unregistered" fields to point to the full DID.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for your reply.

Another question, can I add extension to the full DID in CFOU? Let's say branch can be reached by 1-213-222-3444. Can I put the full DID as 9-1-213-222-3444,,4111?

I doubt it, as CallManager will most likely fail to match route pattern. You will most likely have to point to the main number and have the customer enter the extension.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Hi,

I would suggest another alternative is the users which move frequently have two DN 4xxx and 5xxx with the related routing if not available.

Good day

Views
Helpful
Replies