Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

help me with gatekeeper "zone prefix gw-default-priority 0"

I have a gatekeeper configured as:

zone prefix test-A 8....... blast gw-priority 6 us-gw1 us-gw2

zone prefix test-A 8....... gw-default-priority 0

zone prefix GlobalDGK-US 8.......

zone prefix GlobalDGK-UK 8.......

So which entry does the call (destinated to 8....... ) match?

Somebody told me that "

It does not match

zone prefix test-A 8....... blast gw-priority 6 us-gw1 us-gw2

The reason for this is because of the next line, zone prefix test-A 8....... gw-default-priority 0

gw-default-priority 0 means to exclude the gateway alias from being included in the routing decision for calls in its local zone. (Tech-prefix match fails) Therefore the call will match zone prefix GlobalDGK-US 8....... 

"

But, according to Cisco documentation: "

The default gateway priority is 5. And the default value can be           changed using the command

zone prefix <gatekeeper           name> <E.164 prefix> gw-default-priority           <priority 0-10>

command. This           command is also helpful in case you want to route the calls to certain gateways           for that prefix. However, this is not the case for others. Also, you do not           want to configure every other gateway with priority "0" using the command

zone prefix <gatekeeper name> <E.164           prefix> gw-priority

. "

So my understanding is,  it will match " zone prefix test-A 8....... blast gw-priority 6 us-gw1 us-gw2".

Please help.

2 REPLIES

When choosing a gateway, the gatekeeper first looks for the longest zone  prefix match; then it uses the priority and the gateway status to  select from the gateways.

If all gateways are available, the gatekeeper chooses the  highest-priority gateway. If all the highest-priority gateways are busy  (see the gateway resource threshold command), a lower-priority gateway is selected.

Voice CCIE #37771

so, in my case, it will choose

" zone prefix test-A 8....... blast gw-priority 6 us-gw1 us-gw2" first?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content