cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help---Phone 7937---(Configs to Conference)

Thiago Cella
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

I´ve never configured  the conference call on CME, so i have some doubts :

1-) I will buy the IP Conference Station 7937, how many participants are possible simultaneously ?

2-) Do I have to configure special configuration to conference? If yes, do you have an example?

3-) If a call originate from outside, this caller could participate of the conference?

Details of CME :

Router : 2851

Two PVDMs :

PVDM2-8

PVDM2-64

About 50 SCCP Phones and 20 SIP Phones configured.

Tks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Whether you can do conferences or not has never been related to the fact of you having a conference phone or not.

That's configured either on CUCM or CME and ANY phone which has the conference key can start a conference.

max-sessions refer to how many conferences you can have at any single time, the number of conferencees might go up to 32 if you're only using G711 codec.

Refer to the CME configuration guide if you want to configure this or you can follow regular instructions on enhanced conferencing and transconding documents as the config is pretty much the same, it only changed in the fact you associate the profiles under telephony service.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CME conferencing looks something like this:

telephony-service

conference hardware

max-conferences 2

sdspfarm units 4

sdspfarm tag 1 CFB

ephone-dn 1 octo

conference ad-hoc

number A

dspfarm profile 1 conference

max sessions 8

associate app sccp

sccp ccm id 1 pri 1 ver

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1

associate profile 1 register CFB

The default softkey template shoudl have conference on it already so you don't have to worry about that.  You'll want to register a hardware conference bridge as shown above and to allow more than 3 parties in a conference use hardware conferencing as show with "conference hardware".  With this configuration an internal phone can add external parties to a conference as well.

Hi Joe,

If i understood, if i set  max-conferences 3 or 4,5,6 etc..., i can up the number of participants? what is the max?

With this configs, i can start the conference from  any phone, its not necessary the 7937 phone ?

Whether you can do conferences or not has never been related to the fact of you having a conference phone or not.

That's configured either on CUCM or CME and ANY phone which has the conference key can start a conference.

max-sessions refer to how many conferences you can have at any single time, the number of conferencees might go up to 32 if you're only using G711 codec.

Refer to the CME configuration guide if you want to configure this or you can follow regular instructions on enhanced conferencing and transconding documents as the config is pretty much the same, it only changed in the fact you associate the profiles under telephony service.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Tks Java,

Another question, can i do a hardware conference using SIP Phones?

I search on forum(follow link), and if i understood , sip can participate , but never iniciate a conference?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1066569#1066569

No, you cannot. That's explained in the CME config guide, configuring conferencing chapter.

If you haven't, I strongly recommend you to review it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Tks Java,

As CME guide, only CME version 9 can do hardware conference with SIP device.