Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help: Voice Transcoding Routers Requirements

Hi Voice Experts,

We are on the process of reducing voice circuits and move them to VoIP instead. We already did this to 2 of our sites and bought 2811 routers with VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and PVDM2-64. The implementation is fine already.

However, we want to implement this also with other sites using 3725 routers since we have lots of them. These 3725 routers are currently loaded with one NM-ATM-DS3 each. I want to use these routers to do voice also. Like for example, I want one 3725 router to have one voice E1. From my understanding, I need to get NM-HDV2 module so I can support VWIC and PVDM2. Is that right? From what I know, 3700 is different from 3800 because the 38s have on-board PVDM2 slots unlike the 37s which has none.

However, I saw this product is already EOL/EOS.

What are my other options? Thank you very much.

John

2 REPLIES

Re: Help: Voice Transcoding Routers Requirements

Hi John

Check out the "Voice Hardware Compatibility Matrix (Cisco 17/26/28/36/37/38xx, VG200, Catalyst 4500/4000, Catalyst 6xxx)". It's really helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

Regards

Stefan

Re: Help: Voice Transcoding Routers Requirements

Hi,

Thank you so much for the wonderful link. But I still do not know what I should use for my 3700. Hehe! I'm not a voice guy and it was a long time since I deployed and researched these stuffs. I totally forgot.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies