Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help: VoIP calls with UCM MTP resource without routing to the other endpoint

I have a requirement for calls between Japan and Malaysia using a centralized CallManager MTP resource in Singapore. There is UCM servers in Japan and Singapore but not in Malaysia. Malaysia phones are using Singapore UCM as IP PBX.

I have restrictions where a call from Japan to Malaysia must happen but Japan site is NOT allow to get IP subnet detail of Malaysia so I are thinking of using Singapore UCM MTP resource as MTP bridge (using G711 end to end). With this setup I would hope even though Japan UCM does not know the Malaysia IP subnet, they can still call Malaysia as long as their network can route IP to Singapore UCM (not end ot end).

Has anyone use this kind of setup and able to verify this as supported behavior? Thank you

3 REPLIES
Silver

Help: VoIP calls with UCM MTP resource without routing to the ot

If both Japan and Malaysia have ip connectivity to the Singapore MTP resource(s) then this would work. Just make sure that the latency between Malaysia/Japan and the Singapore sites is very low

---

Posted by WebUser Asad Raza from Cisco Support Community App

VIP Super Bronze

Help: VoIP calls with UCM MTP resource without routing to the ot

Are these servers in the same cluser or seperate clusters? If they are in the same cluster..This is not possible. If on se[erate clusters, then yes you can terminate your media on a MTP and the far end device will not know about the IP details of the other device

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Re: Help: VoIP calls with UCM MTP resource without routing to th

The server in Japan is separate but Singapore and Malaysia are in same UCM cluster. Japan has no visibility of Malaysia subnet and same for the other way. Thanks for asking.

Views
Helpful
Replies