cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with 7942 Phone locked up splash screen

blueridgeskools
Level 1
Level 1

Am new to a school district that had Cisco VoIP installed two years ago, no documentation anywhere to go by, I need a big of help.

- Phones are all 7942

- Software to manage phones is Cisco Unity Express Version 3.0

What I need to do is this:

- I have several phones that when you plug them into the network they say they are upgrading, then go to a Cisco splash screen and stay on, sometimes they reboot and just return to the splash screen.

- The main number partents call into the school has a greeting that tells parents to press 1 for this and 2 for that etc.  No one know how to access that greeting to change it or how to reassign where a caller goes when they push 1 or 2 or etc.

I have no background with VoIP nor using Cisco products... HELP... for the kids!!!!

Brian

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No matter how much one can sympathize with the user profile, the unfortunate truth is that as an end-user without previous experience, it will be very very difficult for you to fix this or any other issue with the systems.

Better said, you could certainly learn by reading documentation and getting precious tips here, however it would be a very long and painful process. In addition to that, it also unlikely that you have the necessary smartnet support contract to access the all-important software updates.

So my recommendation is, locate a reputable consultant or certified cisco partner. If you cannot do and cannot afford that, be prepared for a very long and confusing series of reading and trying, with the attached risk of bringing further downtime to the system.