Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with CME 4 answering calls

richard.murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my 1751-V to have 2 x ip phones connected to it. The 1751 has a WIC-2FXO-EU connected to my normal BT phone line.

The IP phones are registered and can make calls to eacher other and to the outside world. The phones are set up so they have their own extension numbers. 201 and 202

The problem I have is I don't know how to get the router to answer an incoming call and send it to the ip phones.

When a call comes in the router does answer it but does nothing else with it, on the inbound phone you hear a busy tone.

I would like to have it so when an incoming call is received at the router both phones will ring.

Is this possible ?

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good to know it worked.

For the output volume, try,

voice-port x/y

output attenuation x (from -1 to -6)

You can do that even while on a call. Even better, you can fine tune the FXO for your loop /co characteristics, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

You can just skip all the theoretical part, do a thl-sweep while on a call with someone that puts on mute.

Then configure the recommended impedance under the voice-port.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

What is the DID number assigned to the BT line?

Can you post your configs

Narayan

I'm not at home at the moment, I will post up the config later this evening.

Thanks

Rich

The following should do it.

voice-port x/y

connection plar-opx 20 (or any number)

ephone-dn 20

number 20

ephone yy

button 1:,20

ephone zz

button 1:,20

After this check that the when an external call comes in and is not answered, ephones should stop ringing after the caller hangs-up. If they keep ringing, you need additional supervision disconnect configuration.

Thanks for the reply, I will try this and upload my configs.

Cheers

Rich

Have tried your suggestion.

when I enter:

ephone 1

button 1:3,20

I get this:

1751(config-ephone)#button 1:3,20

invalid input button parameter pair 2

1751(config-ephone)#

If I enter:

button 1:20

the phone rings when an outside call comes in, but them I loose the ability to call the 2nd IP phone on 202.

I have attached my config

The other option i have looked at is calling between the IP phones with intercom and having button 1:20, this works but I am confused how the phone will know it's number either 201 or 202 if it's not associating a button with it's ephone-dn 3 or 4 ?

whoops, my bad.

It should have been

button 1o3,20

but you have 7960, so it could be also

button 1:3 2:20

basically the first will "save" one button for other purposes you want, like intercom etc.

That did the job a treat.

The phones even stop ringing when a call is unanswered and the calling party hangs up, I've not configured any supervisory disconnect. Strange but I'm not complaining.

I think I will need to tweak the gain or something as people at the other end of the call say the sound is very quiet.

Thanks for the help

Good to know it worked.

For the output volume, try,

voice-port x/y

output attenuation x (from -1 to -6)

You can do that even while on a call. Even better, you can fine tune the FXO for your loop /co characteristics, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

You can just skip all the theoretical part, do a thl-sweep while on a call with someone that puts on mute.

Then configure the recommended impedance under the voice-port.

Sorry for the delay.

This is now working a treat, thanks for all the help.

Thank you for the nice rating and have fun with your home CCME!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: