cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with setting up Caller-id on FXO in 2911 H.323 gateway.

Joshua Engels
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote site that has a couple of POTS lines terminating to a FXO on the 2911.  This remote site is an H.323 gateway in a CUCM 8.6 cluster.  Incoming local calls for that location ring all phones at the location.

What do I need to do to enable Caller-id on these POTS lines terminating to the FXO?  I am pretty sure the carrier is sending the caller ID information. 

Thanks       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1- Please find the below table  as the following link  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b53c7.shtml

Caller IDRequires VIC-2FXO-M1, VIC-2FXO-M2, VIC-4FXO-M1, VIC2-2FXO, VIC2-4FXO, or MRP3-8FXOM1

2- under fxo port

voice-port 0/3/0

caller-id enable

3-If the above configure and still have no caller id , please add the below commannds to the voice-port

caller-id alerting line-reversal

cptone ?               "based on your"

caller-id alerting ring 2    "the default is 1" maximum number of rings to be detected before a call is answered over an FXO voice port.

4-Do debus to make sure all ok

"debug vpm signal "

[0/3/0] get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID received. Message type=128 length=31 checksum=74

Thank you

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1- Please find the below table  as the following link  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b53c7.shtml

Caller IDRequires VIC-2FXO-M1, VIC-2FXO-M2, VIC-4FXO-M1, VIC2-2FXO, VIC2-4FXO, or MRP3-8FXOM1

2- under fxo port

voice-port 0/3/0

caller-id enable

3-If the above configure and still have no caller id , please add the below commannds to the voice-port

caller-id alerting line-reversal

cptone ?               "based on your"

caller-id alerting ring 2    "the default is 1" maximum number of rings to be detected before a call is answered over an FXO voice port.

4-Do debus to make sure all ok

"debug vpm signal "

[0/3/0] get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID received. Message type=128 length=31 checksum=74

Thank you

please rate all useful information