Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with setup

Hi,

I'm trying to put to work a small voip setup compossed of CCM 5.0 server and a 2821 with a VIC2-2BRI card as TE (user side) and IOS 12.4(10) but its's not working when it comes to call or receive calls from the PSTN/PBX. It seems that the Route Pattern configured in Call Manager doesn't find the gateway and

viceversa. Furthermore I'm not sure whether dial peers are working. Im' using H.323 although previously I tried MGCP also.

When I call from the IP phone no call arrives to the gateway and when I call from the pbx the call does reach the gateway but not the ip phone. The gateway looks unregister in Call manager but i think this is normal in H.323, not sure.

I attach the diagram of my setup. This is the relevan part of my configuration.

Dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 6....

direct-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 6...

session target ipv4:10.10.5.1

no digit-strip

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 9...

port 0/0/1

no digit-strip

gateway

int G0/1

ip address 10.10.5.2 255.255.255.0

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.10.5.2

interface BRI0/0/1

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn protocol-emulate user

isdn layer1-emulate user

isdn incoming-voice voice

10 REPLIES

Re: Help with setup

The gateway looking unregistered is indeed normal for H323. I would suggest looking at your partition/call-searching-space configuration as from the config and what you describe the gateway doesn't seem to be at fault.

Are the partitions that the phone and the route pattern are in reachable via the configured CSS?

Hope that helps,

Doug

Yes, I'm just using one partition and search space and all the phones ang gateway are in this space. In fact the Call Analyzer reports Routed Call. If there were that kind of problems I think it reports a Blocked Call.

I know it sounds simple but I gather you've tested IP connectivity between Phone and Gateway?

If you get a chance could you post the result of a "debug voip ccapi inout" when the call is failing from Gateway > CM?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. Now I'm able to receive calls!!!, but still I can't call outside. When I dial from IP phone, I don't see any activity in my gateway using either debug voip ccapi inout or debug isdn q931.

Which other troubleshooting tool may I use? Maybe it has to do with the route pattern configured in my Call manager 9xxx

What string are you dialing exactly from the IP Phone?

Can you post a screenie of your route pattern config?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi, I send you attached a couple of screens, one corresponding to the route pattern and the other is the relevant part of the route plan report (this last one doesn't look very right).

Find next also the debug isdn q931 when I type the command 'csim start 9721'

*May 30 13:07:07.511: ISDN BR0/0/1 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x1 is 0x0 0x0, Called num 9721

*May 30 13:07:07.511: ISDN BR0/0/1 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x03

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x81

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '9721'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

*May 30 13:07:07.547: ISDN BR0/0/1 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x83

Cause i = 0x81E404 - Invalid information element contents

At this point, the calls reach the gateway so according to the last part of the debugging in my previous message maybe it's rather a problem with the info that is sent from the gateway and that is not complete from the pbx point of view. What do you think?

Hi,

Thanks for the screenies. I've had a browse around and have found the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f62.shtml

I know this references Netmeeting but the principle and setup is the same as your example.

I would suggest looking at Solution 2 and overwirting the bearer-cap on the Q931 setup message on the outbound voice-port.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

finally the last problem had to do with the compand law, which I have just configured as A (instead of u) and it's working.

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies