cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hesitating Calls

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I have several route patterns in CUCM7. I have the usual 11,10, and 7 digit route patterns. As soon as I dial the last digit of either of those patterns, the call goes to my CUBE and out to my SIP trunking provider right away. However, I am also testing an integration with Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging. I setup an simple route pattern that uses a 4 digit number that points to the SIP trunk going towards the Exchange Server. Now, until yesterday, the connection fired up right away after I entered the 4th digit of the pattern. I had to rebuild my server and now there is a good 5 second delay before the call actually goes through. Any ideas of where I can start troubleshooting? Thanks!

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As suggested earlier if there is a reason for you to keep these "open" route patterns you can uncheck "urgent" checkbox from it and check it on the shorter more explicit patterns, this way CUCM is not going to wait for all 7 digits when dialing specific strings that match more explicit urgent patterns.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already looked into overlapping issues?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Below is what I have for route patterns. I really don’t see any overlapping patterns, unless I am looking at this wrong.

1[2-8]XXXXXXXXX 11 Digit Dialing 192.168.2.4

9000 ATW Exchange UM 192.168.16.6

911 911 Dialing 192.168.2.4

XXXXXXX Local 7 Digit Dialing 192.168.2.4

XXXXXXXXX 10 Digit Dialing 192.168.2.14

Robert

Try setting Urgent checkbox in route pattern.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

That's the first and most common error when troubleshooting overlapping.

Your dial plan is not just your route patterns, your dial plan is ANYTHING you have configured that has a pattern/DN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Yeah, I took another look at what I had. It never dawned on me. My 7 digit dialing was the culprit. The system was waiting on my to finish the remaining 3 digits after dialing 9000 and when it timed out, it reverted back to the 9000 route pattern. I removed the 7 digit RP and it went through instantly.

Robert

As suggested earlier if there is a reason for you to keep these "open" route patterns you can uncheck "urgent" checkbox from it and check it on the shorter more explicit patterns, this way CUCM is not going to wait for all 7 digits when dialing specific strings that match more explicit urgent patterns.

HTH,

Chris

Ahhh, I see. I might give that a shot. I’m gonna test it again later today. Thanks for your help (both of you).

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: