Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide phone features

nexus1467
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Security Natzis have asked if i can hide or disable the user from seeing the network configuration page of the phone. I would still need to let the support people have access to it.

If anyone has herd of this please let me know.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Here is a way of preventing users from seeing the Network config page. The downside is that this will impact other settings like Ring selection/volume etc if you choose Disabled so I might try Restricted;

Complete these steps:

From the Cisco CallManager Administration page, choose Device > Phone, and click the phone.

Choose Disabled for the Settings Access parameter under the Product Specific Configuration section.

When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When you disable Settings Access, the Settings button is completely disabled and no options appear when you press the button. Also, you cannot adjust the **ringer volume or save any volume settings. The option Restricted is available in Cisco CallManager version 4.1(3) and later. When you change Settings Access to Restricted, you can only access User Preferences and volume settings. By default, Settings Access is enabled.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: