Helpful
Replies

Hide "Forward All" number

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm tring to solve this problem:

- I add the "Forward All" softkey on my IP Phone (CfwdAll).

- I forward all incoming calls to my mobile phone.

- When someone (from an internal IP Phone) dials my DN, the call is correctly forwarded to my mobile but the caller is able to see my mobile number on his internal IP Phone.

This is not a problem for me, but it could be a great problem for my Manager that doesn't want internal people to see his personal mobile number.

Is there a way to hide the number configured in "Forward All" softkey ?

I tried to uncheck all boxes on " Forwarded Call Information Display on Device" (Caller Name, Caller Number, etc...) without success...

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Check out this excellent thread with good stuff from Chad,Java and Jonathan

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1159871#1159871

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

so the best way to hide "Forward All" number on caller display is to create a Translation Pattern ? Really no other ? I think is a not beautifil feature in CUCM and hope will be disable by default in next versions.

Thank you.

Rob,

Without lazy me RTFM, weren't the boxes that OP uncheck'd supposed to work ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paolo/Rob,

Paolo....you gave me a good laugh here this morning with the RTFM reference

+5 my friend The way these boxes read you would think that this is what they

do, but .......no.

The description of these check boxes in most of the manuals and docs is sketchy

at best. But to really see what they do we need the "old faithful" Cisco press. Here is a

great description from this excerpt;

Configurable Display of Forwarded Call Information

You can specify, on a per-line basis, the types of information that users see when calls are forwarded to their stations. Each line on a station can display different forwarded call information based on the settings configured in the Forwarded Call Information Display area on the Directory Number Configuration page in CallManager Administration (Device > Phone > find and select a phone > click a line number).

To better understand the display capabilities that can be configured for each line on a station, the following explanations help to clarify some common terms.

Each line on your station that can be used for calls has an associated directory number. If you originate a call, the line that you use to place the call, for display purposes, is referred to as the calling line ID (CLID) or simply calling party number. There is also a display name associated with that line on your station, and it is referred to as the calling name ID (CNID) or simply the calling party name.

When you make a call by dialing the directory number of the person you want to reach, the number that you dial is referred to as the original dialed number (ODN). Because calls might be forwarded one or more times, the original dialed number might not be the actual number of the line that is answered when the call is completed. The final directory number used to extend the call when the call is actually completed is referred to as the redirected dialed number (RDN).

The following check boxes are provided on the Directory Number Configuration page in CallManager Administration. All can be enabled or disabled by selecting/deselecting the check box. These check boxes control the display of information for calls that have been forwarded to the phone. By default, for forwarded calls that arrive at your phone, you will see the original dialed number and the calling party name.

• Caller name (also known as calling name ID [CNID])— Enabled by default

• Caller number (also known as calling line ID [CLID])— Disabled by default

• Redirected number (also known as redirected dialed number [RDN])— Disabled by default

• Dialed number (also known as original dialed number [ODN])— Enabled by default

Consider the following example: A call arrives at John's station on the line associated with directory number 4444. Delon Whetten originated the call on line 1111, and called Anne Smith at 2222. Anne had forwarded 2222 to Chris Pearce at 3333. Chris had forwarded 3333 to you at 4444. In this example, the calling party name is Delon, and the calling party number is 1111. The original dialed number is 2222. The redirected dialed number is 3333. When the phone arrives at John's station, the information that displays depends on the display options that you configured for John's station. Table 3-1 shows the information that displays for each of the display option combinations you can configure.

Cheers!

Huff

Great explaination! Rated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: