Views
Helpful
Replies

High density analogue

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have a customer that as well as 4000+ VoIP extensions will need approximately 600 analogue extensions. The analogue extensions will be for the public areas as they are a hospital in a less than salubrious area of town and anything fancier than a very cheap plain analogue phone will simply be stolen.

I can get 49 extension off a 3845 using a pair of EVH-HD modules but that would need 13 3845s to provide enough extensions which seems an inefficient way of doing things. Does anyone know of a product either Cisco or even non Cisco so long as it integrates well with CCM 6.x that will provide a large number of analogue extensions ?

Thanks

Pat

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

from cisco, currenly the highest density analog gateway is the V248 for 48 ports. Rumors are that will be discontinued soon to leave only the VG224 that has 24 ports.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

The 48 looks interesting but I would still need about 12 of them. If they are going EOL they probably wont be available by the time this system actually gets installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: