Views
Helpful
Replies

High memory utilization, ccm process, CUCM 7.1.5.33900

Mikolaj Moryto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to find a cause for ccm process high memory utilization in one of our CUCM clusters.

Version is 7.1.5.33900. Cluster consists of Pub + 4 Sub. 

The problem is that memory utilization of one of Subs is increasing day by day. We have reset this node about two weeks ago but it is high again.

I have checked RTMT and the process using most memory is ccm. This is also being shown by "show process using-most memory":

admin:show process using-most memory
MEM(K) PID  ARGS
86436 9120 /usr/local/platform/bin/certM /usr/local/platform/conf/certMLaunch.xml
94668 9651 /usr/local/platform/bin/CiscoDRFMaster /usr/local/platform/conf/CiscoDRFMasterCfg.xml
102368 8221 /usr/local/cm/bin/cmoninit
362208 8988 /home/tomcat/tomcat /home/tomcat/tomcatJlauncherConfig.xml -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/thirdparty/java/j2sdk/jre/lib/i386:/usr/local/thirdparty/java/j2sdk/jre/lib/i386/server:/usr/lib/pgsql:/usr/lib:/usr/local/cm/lib::/usr/local/platform/lib -XX:ErrorFile=/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/logs/diagnostic-info.jvm-crash.<pid>.tomcat.txt -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/home/tomcat/tomcat_diagnostics.sh -XX:OnError=/home/tomcat/tomcat_diagnostics.sh -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/conf/logging.properties -Xmx512m -Xms256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/endorsed -classpath :/usr/local/thirdparty/java/bcprov-jdk16-143.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/xalan.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/certMgmt.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/certMonitor.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/Iproduct.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/Ihardware.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/CiscoIPSec.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/ciscoCmd.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/ciscoCommon.jar:/usr/local/platform/jar/platform-api.jar:/common/download:/usr/local/platform/application_locale/platform-api:/usr/local/platform/application_locale/cmplatform:/usr/local/cm/jar/commons-logging.jar:/usr/local/cm/application_locale/cmservices:/usr/local/cm/application_locale/car:/usr/local/cm/application_locale/ccmadmin:/usr/local/cm/application_locale/ccmuser:/usr/local/cm/application_locale:/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy==/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/conf/catalina.policy -Dcatalina.base=/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat -Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/temp start
623488 9475 /usr/local/cm/bin/ccm

I do not see many issues from CallManager looking at syslog messages. Some are DeviceTransientConnection with reason code 6, DeviceUnregistered for home workers, HuntListExhausted (it is strange but when I see this error, it repeats 30 times in one second, I don't know why).

I have checked failed registration attempts also and this is the only one server in our cluster that has 0 failed attempts.

This server has about 300 registered phones where others have between 700-900.

The server has also the smallest "Calls InProgress" rate.

This server doesn't run TFTP.

Has anybody ever have similar issue?

Please help.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Generally speaking it's very difficult to determine the cause of these memory 'leaks' without being able to look inside the app. It's really down to guesswork...You could open a TAC case to get them to analyse it.

Usually the fix is a software patch, and in the CUCM world that will normally mean a system upgrade. If you have one of these planned I'd review the problem afterwards and worry about TAC or further troubleshooting if it doesn't go away.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: