Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

High Volume Traffic & Disconnected Call

We've had a user complain that they were in a call, and the call got disconnected and the phone showed "High Volume Traffic".

Googling indicates that the High Volume Traffic message would normally occur when trying to place the call (due to CUCM server being too busy), rather than mid call (when CUCM servers aren't really involved in the call)

We get this complaint occasionally. Not enough to warrant a TAC call, but enough for it to bug me, at least.

Any suggestions as to what to look for ?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
4 REPLIES
Community Member

Ithink this is related to high CPU utilization on CUCM servers

can you check the blow link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a008091c1dc.shtml

Moataz Tolba

moataz_mamdouh wrote:

Ithink this is related to high CPU utilization on CUCM servers

As I said, the user got this message mid-call - when CUCM servers aren't really involved in the call !

GTG

If this is in case of a PSTN call made by a phone user, then I dont think this error has anything to do with CUCM being overloaded unless the call was dropped after it was placed on hold etc. As the RTP establishes between phone & gateway, CUCM will be consulted only for user features.

I'd suspect gateway router's over utilization & To be on the safer side, I'd also ensure up-to-date firmware on phones.

My 2 cents !!

GP.

Gajanan Pande wrote:

I'd suspect gateway router's over utilization

Do you mean, gateway CPU over-load ? Unlikely, but not impossible. Our main gateways are 3845s, filled with ISDN-30 trunks. However, this is a quiet time of year, and utilisation is quite low (30-40%).

To be on the safer side, I'd also ensure up-to-date firmware on phones.

Phones are generally on 9.2.1, with 9.2.3 slowly making it's way out there.

GTG

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content