cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hitting the messages button does not dial voicemail

Grayson Wells
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently I am having all kinds of issues today. This time when I hit the "Messages" button on my phone it doesn't connect to Unity Connection properly. It just dials 8800. The CUCM is setup so that if it dials 8800 then it goes through a hunt list to dial the voicemail ports, but it doesn't connect, it just keeps ringing. Ideas?

28 Replies 28

Okay, so I found the port monitor section of RTMT and I can dial 8800 all day long and I never see anything show up in port monitor. I see the ports and their extensions, but they always stay at an idle status.

Where do I find the dialed number analizer? Is that a plugin?

Thanks, I found it. It is still saying that is initializing and to refresh/check back later.

jcoffey
Level 1
Level 1

Are the Unity ports set up to answer calls?

In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Telephony Integrations, then select Port.

On the Search Ports page, select the display name of the voice messaging port for which you want to change the settings.

On the Port Basics page, enter the applicable settings and select Save. ( Check the Answer Calls box)

Yes, they are setup to answer calls. At this point it looks like it isn't a problem on the CUC side because the Unity answering ports remain idle when I try to dial them. It looks like its a problem on the CUCM side, at least that makes sense to me.

Alright... I have gone line by line on the CUCM and compared it to the old cluster which is known to be working with Unity just fine. There are no differences at all, the entire config looks fine. So, I am back to thinking the problem is on the Unity Connection side.

We recently had a licensing issue on Unity Connection. I had to get the license files re-hosted and reloaded. Now that everything is done I figured there wouldn't be any issues. But, apparently there is still one license violation. It is showing a license violation for speechview, which is a service that is deactivated/not enabled, so it seems like it shouldn't be showing up as a violation.

My question is this, is it possible that Cisco decided to make it a rule that if there is any license violation at all that no part of Unity Connection will work properly?

Testing ports from CUC works fine, except it seems to fail on random ports, it always fails on a port but which one is always random. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Robert,

Fun and games

First things first...we want to get rid of the License Violation. Can you check the COS that you have

configured to ensure using SpeechView transcriptions of voice messages is not checked.

You may need to restart the box - utils system restart

Then I'm back to the whole question around 8800. It almost seems that it is the Pilot# for the "old"

Unity setup and the "new" CUC setup, is this correct? If so, I would suggest, at least for now, trying

to configure a new unique Pilot# for CUC.

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, 8800 is the pilot#, the VM ports begin after that starting with 8801.

The COS in CUC was causing the speechview service to show as violating the license. That is fixed, which is some progress at least. Got the system rebooted also. It is replying to pings again but not letting me web into it, I'm assuming Java just isn't initialized yet.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry! I can't seem to ask any clear questions today

What I was trying (quite poorly) to ask was this. You said this yesterday;

"If you dial 8800 from a phone registered to the old CUCM it dials voicemail perfectly

fine and answers perfectly fine (and prompts you for your PIN)."

And I'm trying to decipher if this is connecting to the "new" Unity Connection set up

perfectly or the "old" Unity set up perfectly.

Cheers!

Rob

Oh okay, the "old" CUCM hunt pilot dials the old unity setup. These are two independent setups with the ICT connection them, so they have separate Unity servers.

Okay, it started working!!!! I think it was the license issue or the system restart. The only thing now is that it doesn't go to voicemail right away, it takes like three rings. Do you know off hand where that is configured?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Robert,

Good stuff

There is no setting that will delay the answer in CUC. It sounds like one of the first

Ports may be down and it's taking the 3 seconds to roll to the next. I would use this

Tool from the great suite of Unity Tools to have a look;

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob