cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Server Attribute in Unity

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 5 on Exchange 2K7.  We have a 2K3 server and a 2K7 server.  About a month ago we started migrating users from 2K3 to 2K7.  And we ran permissions wizard on Unity and users have been working fine.

Then a couple of weekends ago, we changed the partner server to 2K7, everything still fine.  2K3 is still on but not in use.

So the problem is about half the people still show their Exchange server in the Subscriber properties as the 2K3 server, even though it is not.  I looked in the UnityDB and this is the "Home Server" field in the Subscriber table.

I can't find any reason why some show up correctly and some don't.  TAC has had me run some stuff, but no change.

Has anyone run across this and is it as simple as changing the DB manually or is there a more formal way to remedy the situation.  It seems to be just cosmetic, but I don't want to find out otherwise when we turn the 2K3 server off.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try and re-run the message store wizard and see if it resets anything.

Also check your GC/DC reconnet tool.  If Unity is not syncing with AD correctly, this could be your issue.   The field is updated from AD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: