cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hook flash transfer on Centrex lines

Jesse Zepeda
Level 5
Level 5

Is there any way to forward an incoming call to an external number without tying up 2 lines for the duration of the call? The lines are all analog and PRI Centrex lines. Their current PBX system does this using hook flash. I’ve looked up FXO hook-flash command but I’m not sure if this is what I’m looking for. Basically all calls come into a receptionist and from there they are transferred to the appropriate extensions. Sometimes transered to ohter schools accross the Centrex lines. How can we accomplish this on their CUCM 8.6 system without tying up 2 lines while the call is in progress?

3 Replies 3

Jesse Zepeda
Level 5
Level 5

I'm running CUCM 8.6 and cannot figure out how to set this up.  Currenty every call that is transferred to an outside line is taking up two lines.

Please let me know if you find out anything. The PRI does not have to support the hookflash just the POTS.

Thanks,

-William

I've found documents doing this from Analog phones connected to FXS ports on the gateway, which then connects to the CO on FXO ports but nothing for IP Phones. 

Hook Flash Relay on FXS/FXO Voice Ports

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009431b.shtml