Views
Helpful
Replies

Hot dial to multiple users

bill.daniels
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to achieve the following setup:

A "master" phone goes off-hook and the system automatically dials multiple (say 10) phones. As those users pick up they are all dropped into the same conference with two-way communication with all others. This is similar to PLAR but with multiple receipients.

We are using CUCM 6.1 and also have MeetingPlace Express and an MCU 3515-12.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

jpstott
Level 1
Level 1

There is some multicasting VOIP support available on Cisco routers (called Hoot and Holler), but there are limitations in terms of number of streams - I believe 3. Not sure what you can do with your MCU, especially if you want the master phone to call all 10 phones and add them to a conference. Same with the Meeting Place.

On the other hand, there are products on the market for exactly what you want. For example, SA Announce by Synapps. It has a "hoot 'n holler" feature built in. Here's a link:

http://www.syn-apps.net/SA-Announce.aspx

julio
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is possible, but could you possible setup a shared line amongst these 10 phones. Then you could try to setup Barge feature for this same line so that people can jump in. The only problem is that the shared line is designated on 10 phones, so it is not like a Conference or meet-me number.

unfortunately just using CUCM is not possible to do that, the functionalities do not mix the way you want. PLAR is for one phone and has no way of involving a conference. you would need to use a meet-me conference in which is mandatory to press the meetme softkey to initiate it, which just taking a phone offhook using a PLAR cannot do. you'll have to use another 3rd party solution as suggested

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I do have small query..suppose if internal conference will happen in meet me number but i need to configure the external number also ...how will i do ...i had seen in CUCM ...that there is one function is called Meet-me-function ... I am thinking that if I can configure in Gateway or SRST this thing ….this problem might solve …kindly correct me if I am wrong ..

Gaurav Dixit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: