cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hotdial error

slandeira
Level 1
Level 1

I did step by step what the instructions called for Call manager 6.x.x and when I lift handset off the phone I get a recording " Your call can not be completed as dialed".

What could be happening? How do I set the destination phone?

Thankyou

8 Replies 8

slandeira
Level 1
Level 1

The version CMM is 6.1.3(3000-1).

Is there any special configuration for PLAR in this version?

Hi Susana,

Did you follow these??

The step by step directions in this guide are very good :)

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yes, I followed exactly this document ... Is there any way to troubleshoot this operation?

Regards

Suslan

Hi Suslan (I hope I didn't get your name wrong earlier :)

You would use DNA to see where this is failing;

Dialed Number Analyzer installs as a feature service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Activating Dialed Number Analyzer Service

After Dialed Number Analyzer installs as a service, it starts automatically. You can confirm that the service is started by checking the tool status.

You can activate and deactivate Dialed Number Analyzer service by using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Serviceability after you access it by using the appropriate URL. Use the following procedure to activate the service.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Access Cisco Unified Communications Manager Serviceability.

Step 2 Choose Tools > Service Activation.

The Service Activation window displays.

Step 3 Select Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer from the Unified CMServices list and click Save.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If the service is already activated, the Activation Status will display as Activated.

Step 4 The service gets activated and the Activation Status column displays the status as Activated.

Logging On

This section describes the procedure to log in to Dialed Number Analyzer from a remote server.

Procedure

Step 1 To access DNA, go to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Serviceability and choose Tools > Dial Number Analyzer.

You can also use the following URL:

https:///dna

where specifies the node name or IP address on which Dialed Number Analyzer is installed.

The Enter Network Password dialog displays.

Step 2 In the User Name field, enter a valid user ID.

Use Unified CMAdministrator as the user ID.

Step 3 In the Password field, enter the password that corresponds to the Unified CMAdministrator login ID for that machine.

Step 4 Click OK.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/6_0_1/dnaacc.html

It seems like it may be breaking down here;

Under Called Party Transformation Mask, enter the Hotdial number.

In the Called Party Transformation Mask field, enter the Hotdial Extension Number of the phone to dial when it goes off-hook.

Click Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml#Steps1

Hope this helps!

Rob

That error refers to a problem with CSS and partitions, check the CSS from phone and CSS from TP.

I would strongly recommend you to review and compare you config to the doc Rob provided, if you follow that doc step by step this will work.

You probably skipped some steps from the doc and that's why it's failing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The DNA does not tells me anything. I attach the configuration, there is something missing? Do you see mistakes?

Thanks.

Hi Suslan,

Looks pretty good to me :)

Under the Partition pattern can you uncheck the "Provide Outside dial tone" and check "Urgent Priority", I know that the example document shows the configuration like you have done, but I don't think this is correct.

Hope this helps!

Rob

mdavis1969
Level 1
Level 1

I too had the error until I thought I one key thing. In your Calling Search Space, if your hotdial phone is the phone that is part of that CSS, you can't all anyone else. Add your CSS that the phone you want to call in addition to the CSS you created for you hotdial phone, and that should fix the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: