Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How can a customer check their DLU overdraft limit

Hi,

This is a bit of a legacy question.

My customer wants to add several hundred IP Communicator clients to their European cluster for a few days next week.  They're on CUCM 7.1(5), and are aware of the DLU overdraft concept, but need to understand how many additional clients they can add to the cluster.

Other information I have seen suggests that the overdraft is between 5% and 15% of the active DLU's and that the total is 'determined by Cisco'.

I have looked at a number of their license files, and these show 5% overdraft in all cases.

Is this overdraft carried forward through multiple upgrades?  i.e. they bought DLU's on CUCM 5, 6, and 7.

How can we check the total overdraft available, and am I safe in telling them that they can assume that they have an overdraft of 2,500 DLU's based on the 50,000 DLU's on the cluster?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

5% is correct and that's what I have seen. Outside of reviewing every license file there is no way to tell.

IPC if properly associated with Primary desk phone will only consume 1 DLU.

HTH,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

5% is correct and that's what I have seen. Outside of reviewing every license file there is no way to tell.

IPC if properly associated with Primary desk phone will only consume 1 DLU.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Agreed.

I've been through a load of license files and the new DLU files all had 5%, but the upgrade files do not have this field.  I was hoping there was some clever report we could run, but I'll stick with plan A.

Many thanks for the quick response.

Best regards,

Kevin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content