cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I bulk convert CUCM and CUC users from LDAP to local?

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I can easily convert users from LDAP to local in both CUCM and CUC from their accounts, but I can't find a way to do it in either bulk admin tool.  

I want to convert ALL users to local.  If I simply turn off LDAP synchronization for the system, would that automatically convert the users to local?  Currently the users aren't using any of the features that will be affected (users pages, Jabber, etc).  

Is there a way that doesn't involved a bulk export/import?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

" If you delete the user only in the LDAP directory, in Connection Administration, the Status area on the Edit User Basics page for that user indicates that the Connection user is inactive. The status cannot be changed manually, but after 48 hours, the user is automatically converted to a regular Connection user, and the message in the Status area no longer appears."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmacx/8xcucmac110.html

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Removing LDAP will convert them to local users.

Chris

I'm just clarifying since I can't find any actual documentation on un-integrating.  My concern was that pulling LDAP integration would flip them all into an "inactive" account state.  You're saying that it would actually convert them back to local user?  Is this the same with Unity Connection?

" If you delete the user only in the LDAP directory, in Connection Administration, the Status area on the Edit User Basics page for that user indicates that the Connection user is inactive. The status cannot be changed manually, but after 48 hours, the user is automatically converted to a regular Connection user, and the message in the Status area no longer appears."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmacx/8xcucmac110.html

Chris

Awesome.  That's what I was looking for.  Thanks for your help/

So Unity Connection worked as expected but it looks like Call Manager removed all users after the timer expired rather than converting them to local users.    I took a backup beforehand so I'm going to just do a full restore, but I'm still going to have to find a way to unintegrate it without going through hundreds of accounts one at a time and choosing the "convert to local account" option.  For some reason that field/option doesn't show up in Bulk Admin.

Can the user still access their mailbox on CUC whilst they show as inactive?

I would think so as the PIN used to access voicemail is local.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Edit: It looks like removing the LDAP config will convert them to local users.