cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Can I set Specific RingTone for one person and general ringtone for all?

Bahlul Guliyev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a problem with ringtone. I want to set specific ringtone for manager in my 99 series ip phone. Customer needs to know when manager calls him, that is why he told me that he wants to set specific ringtone for Manager.

Thanks a lot

Bahlul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bahlul,

I don't see such a feature on CUCM where you can have a separate ringtone for a Directory number based on the calling party number. Even to have separate ringtones for different lines on the same IP phone you need to play with Distinctiveringlist.xml , but that too does not fit your requirement as it will always be the same ringtone for all the calls on that line. You may probably get this feature through some third party solution but i am not sure if it would be worth it for applying it on one phone only.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bahlul,

I don't see such a feature on CUCM where you can have a separate ringtone for a Directory number based on the calling party number. Even to have separate ringtones for different lines on the same IP phone you need to play with Distinctiveringlist.xml , but that too does not fit your requirement as it will always be the same ringtone for all the calls on that line. You may probably get this feature through some third party solution but i am not sure if it would be worth it for applying it on one phone only.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Very thanks for your quick response.

Regards

Bahlul

You could set it up so the other line is in a different partition and set the CSS on the calling phone so that dialing the extension will go to the new line on the called phone where you have the Distinctive Ring set for the other line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: