Views
Helpful
Replies

How can we share screen during conference call on Cisco Jabber

ayush.shyam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

When i dial/receive a call (1 party in the call) then i have screen sharing button enabled. But when i add someone in the call, means in the conference call this button become inactive.

Can you please suggest how we can enable this, when we want to share the screen in a huge conference call.

Thanks

Ayush

Switzerland 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, what I'm saying is that you need to have a video CFB to do what you're asking, if all you have are audio CFB, you cannot do this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

You should be using WebEx.

https://voiceonbits.com/2015/08/28/scenario-48-desktop-share-wont-work-jabber-conference-call/

We are trying to share the screen during the internal conference call of 10 people.

That's it.

We already have WebEx but we have 8 user license. And now we are 10 people who needs to be in the conference that's why we were try to acheive same functionality in jabber.

Do you have a video conference bridge?

HTH

java

No, Only 1 to 1 is possible!

what do we need to enable it?

Actually we don't want video conference, we only need audio conference and screen sharing capability.

Thanks 

OK, it seems you don't understand that the screen share you're doing while on a call, is basically a video call itself, and it also consumes BW from your CAC configuration.

When you do an IM screen share, then you use RDP for that one.

IM Only Screen Sharing

In addition to the video screen share (BFCP) feature that is available to video-enabled clients when on a call, users can now screen share directly from an IM conversation when video share is not provisioned or available. IM screen sharing uses Microsoft RDP, which is a secure connection. When using IM only screen sharing, the screen share resolution and bandwidth allocations are directly managed by the underlying Windows OS.

Users can share their screens from IM with up to five other Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.5 users in a group chat.

Unlike BFCP, users do not need to be in a call to share their screen. Screen sharing is not currently supported while on the Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access.

HTH

java

so you said it's not possible to share the screen with 10 people in the audio call (conference call)?

No, what I'm saying is that you need to have a video CFB to do what you're asking, if all you have are audio CFB, you cannot do this.

HTH

java

Thanks for the info!

Regards
Ayush Chaudhary
Switzerland

Hi Jaime,

pretty old thread but just stuck on the same issue.

I do understand your point with Jabber running as a softphone. But we are running Jabber in CTI-Mode. Would expect that we can use the same XMPP Desktop share like in group chats during an audio conference...

Thanks,

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: