cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I add a second number to the Corporate Directory

DougVogel
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting phone numbers from Microsoft AD in E.164 format. They show on the phone fine under Corporate Directory. There are some dialing issues but that's a separate problem that I know can be solved.

We also have a secondary field in AD for internal dials which is usually 8 digits. The field is - for example - telephone2 in AD. Questions are: 1) is it possible to replace the default e.164 shown on the phone to the internal dial string? (I think I can accomplish this by making the internal dial the default phone number in AD but this would break other things.) 2. Can I list both numbers under Corporate Directory on the phones. If yes to either question, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks

Doug

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using AD integration and CUCM you can only select (1) telephone field. It will not sync up any other fields. If you want to display other LDAP entries on the IP phone, you will need to either a develop your XML LDAP lookup or you can purchase a third party product that will handle this for you.

CUCM's LDAP lookup is limited and sync to it's own directory. Cisco made it basic enough for it to work for everyone, but limited in the efforts of expanding it's ability.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For telephone number you can either use the telephoneNumber or IpPhone attribute.

Only one of number can be listed in default corporate directory. You can always develop your own corpotate directory page with any desired fields.

Chris