Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How do I force PfR to route VoIP traffic over a specific interface?

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance with respect to PfR.  In our production environment, we have a 2851 ISR running CME 8.1 with frame relay over T1 for our VoIP/SIP service with Verizon.  We are also able to use non VoIP bandwidth for internet traffic.  We also have a DSL line that we currently use for our primary internet access. 

My understanding is that we can use PfR to bring both interfaces into the router and have a sort of load-balancing/failover system in place.  That said, we need to keep VoIP services on the T1.  Is it possible to set a static path to a specific exit for VoIP traffic and allow PfR to balance the rest?

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: How do I force PfR to route VoIP traffic over a specific int

Daniel,

The specific feature of PfR you are asking about is called link-groups. If you are familiar with QoS class-maps and policy-maps PfR has the same capability to classify traffic and then make decisions of what to do with these traffic classifications. In PfR this is called traffic-classes and pfr-maps where traffic-classes are similar to class-maps and oer-maps are similar to policy-maps.

The first step you will need to accomplish is to define which link-groups your external interfaces are associated. Then you create the traffic-class and oer-maps. When you are creating your oer-maps per application you will define the primary link-groups and backup link-groups.

Please refer to our documentation regarding link-groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/pfr/configuration/guide/pfr-link-group_ps10592_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Also note in older codes pfr-maps are called oer-maps.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

How do I force PfR to route VoIP traffic over a specific interfa

Daniel,

To know details about VOIP join the forum http://www.voipbiznessforum.com/

Thnx

Views
Helpful
Replies