Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How do I get Unity Connection to register to SUB when PUB is down

All versions are 8.6 All phones and Unity register to Publisher. When I shut Pub down, all phones register to SUB like they should and everything keeps working, except Unity Connection. What am I missing as far as the config to get Unity to register to SUB when PUB goes down? Of course I built my VM ports and VM pilot number in PUB to begin with. When everything is running and I log into SUB, it shows Unity registered to PUB's IP addr. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

How do I get Unity Connection to register to SUB when PUB is dow

There are two pieces to this, first with SCCP you need to ensure the VM ports reference DP that has more than one CM assigned. Second, the port group on UCXN need to be defined to point to more than one CUCM server.

HTH,

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

In addition to the good info from Chris & Kenneth (+5 )

Can you check these settings in CUC for the "Secondary" CUCM server config;

Step 32 On the Edit Servers page, do the following substeps if the Cisco Unified CM cluster has secondary servers. Otherwise, skip to Step 33.

##

a. Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, click Add.

##

b. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and click Save.

#

#

Table 6-16     Settings for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers 

#

Field

#

Setting

#

Order

#

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The    lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher    numbers are  the secondary servers.

#

IP Address or Host Name

#

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

#

Port

#

Enter the TCP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

TLS Port

#

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

Server Type

#

Click Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

4 REPLIES

Re: How do I get Unity Connection to register to SUB when PUB is

How do you have your telephony integration setup?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hall of Fame Super Silver

There are two pieces to this, first with SCCP you need to ensure the VM ports reference DP that has more than one CM assigned. Second, the port group on UCXN need to be defined to point to more than one CUCM server.

HTH,

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

In addition to the good info from Chris & Kenneth (+5 )

Can you check these settings in CUC for the "Secondary" CUCM server config;

Step 32 On the Edit Servers page, do the following substeps if the Cisco Unified CM cluster has secondary servers. Otherwise, skip to Step 33.

##

a. Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, click Add.

##

b. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and click Save.

#

#

Table 6-16     Settings for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers 

#

Field

#

Setting

#

Order

#

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The    lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher    numbers are  the secondary servers.

#

IP Address or Host Name

#

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

#

Port

#

Enter the TCP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

TLS Port

#

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are     integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use  the    default setting.

#

Server Type

#

Click Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

You guys are great. Thanks! It was something just as simple as going into the VP port config in UC and adding another server and it's ports (My SUB), then resetting the original VM ports.

Thanks so much!

Views
Helpful
Replies