cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I map an incoming 800 number to a specific DN in CUCM 7.1.5?

Teressa Corson
Level 1
Level 1

I have an agency that requested an 800 number from the phone company.  They want that 800 number to ring to a specific user's DID that is in our CUCM.  I'm not clear on how to do this.  Does that routing happen in CUCM, or is it something the phone company should do on the PRI? 

Thanks for any help on this. 

Teressa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anurag / Teressa

Thanks for the input but that is not entirely correct. When someone is given a 1800 number this is mapped purely in the telco cloud.

For example  18001234567 ----->>>> maps directly to a number in the your existing DDI range which will be supplied to them.The digits 34567 will never be presented to you via the PSTN

From the callmanager pespective all you will see is an inbound call on the DDI you gave them.

Hope this clarifies things

thanks

mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

HI Teressa,

This is done by the telco providing the 800 number.They just need to know what did they need to point it to.

cheers

mark

Thank you!  That would explain why I haven't been able to find any information on how to do it in CUCM!  I appreciate the quick answer.

Teressa

Anurag Siddhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The best way to do this is as follows

so you will take an 800 number from Telco , so they will give you a number like this " 1800-123-4567"

now , the question is what will you do with this 800 number, what number will it ring in your office

so that you have to set by defining " significant digit " on your incoming gateway , lets say its 5

so when someone will dial 1800-123-4567" from PSTN,

call will come to your gateway , and gateway will say " i only need the last 5 digit ( this is totally upto you ,how many digits you want " ) , you can take the complete 800 number and match the complete number on TP

now your gateway recieved a call for " 34567" ( last 5 digits "

now create a Translation pattern 34567 in your call manager and translate this number to any internal number of your choice , it can be an IVR number, any personal extension, any hunt pilot of your choice.

I hope this clarifies the issue

let me know , if you have any doubt.

Regards

Anurag Siddhu

Hi Anurag / Teressa

Thanks for the input but that is not entirely correct. When someone is given a 1800 number this is mapped purely in the telco cloud.

For example  18001234567 ----->>>> maps directly to a number in the your existing DDI range which will be supplied to them.The digits 34567 will never be presented to you via the PSTN

From the callmanager pespective all you will see is an inbound call on the DDI you gave them.

Hope this clarifies things

thanks

mark

Please rate helpful posts :-))))))))))

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: