cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I save voicemail messages to a wav or other audio file

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

We have a situation where there have been some, lets say not so professional voicemail messages, left in a users mailbox.  I researched on this community on how to save to a wav or other audio format on to the computer, and it seems that the answer is to go to "http://IP of Unity Server/exchange" - however, when I do that, I get a  "description: The requested resource (/exchange) is not available. " error message.  Besides physically holding a hand-held recorder up to the phone speaker to record, is there another way I can save these voicemail messages to an audio file?  Am I doing something wrong when tryng to use the suggested "http:/IP/exchange" link that is suggested?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to CUC admin, fisrt, go to the Class of Service for the user, and make sure

Allow Users to Use the Web Inbox and RSS Feeds

Is checked

Go to user page, alias is username, the pwd, if you're LDAP integrated, that's his pwd, if not, you can change the pwd via CUC admin, there's an option under the user to change pwd.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, are you using Unity with Exchange on-box to do that??

Or what VM system are you using???

You should get in touch with your local IT for this

HTH

java

HTH

java

No - we are not using Exchange on this box.  I read in one of the replies that you do not need to have Exchange intergrated to do this - were they wrong?

We are using Unity Version 8.6.2ES25.21900-25

The funny thing is, I am part of the local IT Team - lol - we have only had the system for a few months now, so we are learning as we go.

Any other ideas.  Thanks so much for your response.

Then that's Unity Connection, NOT Unity, Exchange can, or cannot be integrated.

For Unity you required Exchange or Domino as mandatory requirement.

Try PCA, you'll need the user credentials, or ask user himself to log in.

https:///ciscopca

HTH

java

HTH

java

Also, when I attempted to go to the pdihelpdesk link, I received a Forbidden File or Application error.

Thanks again for the prompt response, Java, your help is truly appreciated.

PDI is only availabe for partners who hold one of these specializations:

Collaboration (UC)
  • Advanced Collaboration Architecture
  • Master Unified Communications
  • Advanced Unified Communications
  • Express Unified Communications
  • Authorized Business Edition
  • Cisco Distributors
  • Cisco Systems Engineers

If you don't have those, you won't get access

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks so much - still getting used to using the proper terminology.  My apologies.  Probably a very stupid question, but we do not have anything setup for the users to access their voicemail via web, etc.  Only via the phone.  So using the PCA, what would their username and password be?  I assume the passowrd is their voicemail password, but I tried their extension for username and it did not work.  Sorrry for the dumb question, but if you never done it before, this is how I learn.  Thanks again Java.

Go to CUC admin, fisrt, go to the Class of Service for the user, and make sure

Allow Users to Use the Web Inbox and RSS Feeds

Is checked

Go to user page, alias is username, the pwd, if you're LDAP integrated, that's his pwd, if not, you can change the pwd via CUC admin, there's an option under the user to change pwd.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks again Java, for the replies and for dealing with my ignorance.  You have a been a great help and truly appreciate your assistance as it helps me learn, which I then pass on to my colleague.  I will try this as soon as I have a chance and reply to let you know.

Java - thank you so so much.  Followed your instructions and it worked.  Truly appreciate it.